stuff i've done
• In 2015, I advised Patch of Land on its $23.6M Series A raise; spoke on the global legal hacking movement at SXSW 2015; taught as Faculty at the PLI Crowdfunding 2015 seminar and ACMA annual meeting; was named Finalist for Corporate Counsel of the Year by LA Business Journal; and developed the marketplace lending industry's first secured payment dependent debt instrument.
• In 2014, I was named one of 10 women to watch in the legal tech by the American Bar Association Journal.
• In 2013, I served on multiple U.S. delegations to the WTO Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT) Committee; assisted USTR in ongoing trade agreement negotiations; and helped companies and industry associations to remove regulatory barriers to trade.
• In 2012, I coordinated a roundtable for U.S. Assistant Secretary of State of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor Michael Posner on implementation of the U.N. Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights; and assisted in negotiations of a U.N. Human Rights Council (UNHRC) resolution passed at UNHRC Session 21.
• In 2011, I led a team that placed third in the World Finals of the WTO International Moot Court Competition; and organized the U.S.-China Transportation Forum, a Deputy Secretary and Vice Minister-led forum for the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Amy Wan is Founder & CEO of Bootstrap Legal, which automates the drafting of legal paperwork for real estate private equity, syndication, and crowdfunding deals. Previously, she was a Partner at Crowdfunding Lawyers and General Counsel at Patch of Land, a real estate debt crowdfunding platform. Amy is also the founder and co-organizer of Legal Hackers LA, which programs around the intersection of law and technology; was named one of the one of ten women to watch in legal technology by the American Bar Association Journal in 2014; and was nominated as a Finalist for the Corporate Counsel of the Year Award 2015 by LA Business Journal.
Amy has also worked in international regulatory and trade policy at the U.S. Department of Commerce, and was a Presidential Management Fellow at the U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Transportation. She holds an LL.M. in Public International Law from the London School of Economics and Political Science, a JD from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, and a BA in Biological Sciences from the University of Southern California.